Why A Life Coach or Personal Coach?
I am so excited I have got myself a personal coach or life coach.
I have never had one before so it is a new experience.
So why do we need a personal coach or life coach.
Well you probably don’t need one if you want to be like most people and live life as it comes. Reacting to what ever life throws at you. You just don ‘t need one.
I thought I didn’t need one either. But I haven’t been getting the result I want in my life.
To help answer that question you might want to consider this question “Why do athletes or sports teams have a coach?”
It is because coaches see thing from a different perspective. They see thing that the team or athlete doesn’t see because they are involved in the activity.
They are also there to give then direction, encouragement, to get them to push themselves that little but further when they would have other wise stopped. They can give tips on where things can be improved. Basically without a coach the athlete/team just would not reach the top of their game.
A personal coach is similar.
Personal coaching is about getting the very best out of someone and enabling them to make decisions that will improve their life. People have coaches for very many different reasons, some are
- to help move your career along faster;
- to feel more fulfilled at work;
- to improve relationships with family and partners;
- to learn parenting skills that benefit both the child and parent;
- to gain a spiritual meaning to life, or
- to just ‘get sorted’.
A coach is someone who will enable you to improve, motivate you and hold you accountable to your goals and enable you to grow. Some of the benefits of have a personal coach are:-
- Time to focus on yourself and what you want to achieve.
- To achieve greater results in less time.
- Someone to help with your personal development
- Someone to challenge, motivate and support you.
- Someone to enable you to come up with a fresh approach to an old problem.
- A sounding board to discuss your issues and test out your ideas.
- Someone to hold you accountable and keep you committed.
- Someone to help create an action plan and support you in achieving it.
- Someone to provide unconditional support and praise.
Did you know that if you write down your goal you are 40% more like to reach them, if you tell someone it goes up to 60% and if you have a coach you are 95% more likely to reach them.
Do you want to achieve your goals? Then go and get yourself a coach!