Tips For Video Posting
I have seen lately quite a number of people starting to get into shooting and posting a video a day on YouTube, for 90 days. A 90 day video challenge
This is a really good idea, as it get you over the fear of being in front of a camera, builds a habbit and also gives you consistant new material/content on your channel
You can also post these videos on your blog site giving you content on there as well
I have also noticed that most of them don’t really know what they are doing so I have put together 8 tips to help you look better in the eyes of the search engines and also the viewers.
- Purpose I know this 90 day challenge is suppose to push you out of your comfort zone and is therefore of benefit to you. And yes it is nice to count then off. But do you really need to tell everyone “this is day ___ of my ninety day challenge.” My thinking is that you want others to watch your videos and they aren’t at all interested in whether it is day 3 or 54. They want information or entertainment or both
- Introduction. Introduce yourself and give yourself authority. “I am Robbie van’t Wout, founder of ……………….. or CEO of ……….. or something
- Keep It Short Keep your videos short and to the point. People don’t like watching long boring videos or you just babbling on for the sake of it.
- Call to Action. Give a call to action. Tell the viewer what you want them to do when they have watched the video. click on the link below and vist my web site. Or click like and leave a coment. I will reply to all comment. Or if you liked the video share with your friends.
- Clickable link. Put a clickable link in the first line of your description (http://mywebsite.com) or to a landing page or where ever else you want them to go.
- Description. Fill in the description box under your video in YouTube. Telling people what your video is about. note more word is better than less. You can have up to 3000 characters, so use them because google/YouTube likes content
- Likes Comments.Find other people that are doing the same thing (90 day challenge) connect with them and commit to watching each others videos to the end, like them and leave a comment. It is also a good idea to subscribe to their channel. This is interaction. YouTube/Google like interaction and will therefore rank you higher
- Shooting with Smart phone If you are shooting on your smart phone. make sure you hold the camera horizontal (screen wider than high). To get better sound quality you can also get a mic headphone spitter/adaptor to plug in a lapel mic or a special mic designed to plug into your smart phone mic/headphone jack. You can get either on Ebay
I hope these tips have helped. If they have leave a comment or even feel free to share it.
Are you sick of work
I was at work the other day. The job I was working on was a Fonterra milk tanker trailer. Similar to the one below
There was quite a bit of rust in the chassis that needed repaired. To do this I had to remove air tanks, wheels, mud guard and a lot of built up dirt and grime from the gravel road that these tanker travel on..
I spent a couple of days crawling round under the trailer.
I shot a video to show what it was like.
So are you like me (some days) sick of work and doing those horrible job, like my milk tanker trailer?
If you are we have a complimentary 7 day video training series for you. Just click here and enter your name and email address on the next page and we’ll send you the first installment
Are you sick of work
Why A Life Coach or Personal Coach?
I am so excited I have got myself a personal coach or life coach.
I have never had one before so it is a new experience.
So why do we need a personal coach or life coach.
Well you probably don’t need one if you want to be like most people and live life as it comes. Reacting to what ever life throws at you. You just don ‘t need one.
I thought I didn’t need one either. But I haven’t been getting the result I want in my life.
To help answer that question you might want to consider this question “Why do athletes or sports teams have a coach?”
It is because coaches see thing from a different perspective. They see thing that the team or athlete doesn’t see because they are involved in the activity.
They are also there to give then direction, encouragement, to get them to push themselves that little but further when they would have other wise stopped. They can give tips on where things can be improved. Basically without a coach the athlete/team just would not reach the top of their game.
A personal coach is similar.
Personal coaching is about getting the very best out of someone and enabling them to make decisions that will improve their life. People have coaches for very many different reasons, some are
- to help move your career along faster;
- to feel more fulfilled at work;
- to improve relationships with family and partners;
- to learn parenting skills that benefit both the child and parent;
- to gain a spiritual meaning to life, or
- to just ‘get sorted’.
A coach is someone who will enable you to improve, motivate you and hold you accountable to your goals and enable you to grow. Some of the benefits of have a personal coach are:-
- Time to focus on yourself and what you want to achieve.
- To achieve greater results in less time.
- Someone to help with your personal development
- Someone to challenge, motivate and support you.
- Someone to enable you to come up with a fresh approach to an old problem.
- A sounding board to discuss your issues and test out your ideas.
- Someone to hold you accountable and keep you committed.
- Someone to help create an action plan and support you in achieving it.
- Someone to provide unconditional support and praise.
Did you know that if you write down your goal you are 40% more like to reach them, if you tell someone it goes up to 60% and if you have a coach you are 95% more likely to reach them.
Do you want to achieve your goals? Then go and get yourself a coach!
Today I was working on two jobs at work. One was a milk tanker trailer and the other was a bulkie (a fertilizer spreader truck)
The milk tanker trailer required me to take off the mud-guards, supporting brackets and the suspension air bags. This required me to climb under the trailer (where the back sets of wheels are) and undo bolts that were covered in road grime, dirt and gravel (they do a lot of gravel road driving). Where does this go? on the floor and over me.
The fertilizer spreader required a rubber seal, that runs the length of the bin and stops the fertilizer going off the side conveyor belt, to be replaced. Where do bulkies drive? Everywhere, through paddocks/fields spreader fertilizer. And they get covered in shit. Do they clean them before they bring them in to be fixed? Nah. It had to be unbolted from under the bin between the wheels. Another job that you get covered in crap.
When I got home I didn’t go for my Mt bike ride. I went and jumped in the shower and got cleaned up.
Why do I tell you this?
Days like this are the reason that when I get home after work I spent the evening sitting at my computer
- learning how to be a digital entrepreneur,
- working on my website,
- writing blog,
- posting in social media site,
- building my online business and
- chatting with other like minded people who are doing to same.
I am working towards replacing my income from my job by creating a online business.
Have a fantastic day
What do you know about Google Hangouts
Google hangouts are way better and more versatile than skype calls. Sure there are a lot of similarities.
I came across this video interview about them and thought it was worth sharing
My friend Jo Barnes is interviewing Ronnie Bincer (the google hangouts expert). Jo does some awesome interviews and this one is no exception
This is what Jo had to say about Ronnie “I always enjoy interviewing Ronnie. He’s so easy to chat to and generous with his information. As a gentleman who has been involved in Video Optimization and SEO for years, hangouts were like a dream come true for Ronnie!”
In this interview they talk about why you should be using google hangouts
Some of the different uses are:-
- Chatting with friends
- recording interviews
- Business conference calls
- On Air hangout. and how you can use it as a webinar
- plus much more
To get updates on hangouts here is Ronnies link http://www.thehangouthelper.com/
If you would like to know more about Google + and hangout Jo Barnes has a Google + video course. Just click below to get hold of it