Interaction Is The Key To Being Noticed.
Are you being noticed online? By people and by the search engines?
If you are like most bloggers and social networkers probably not. “Why is that?” I hear you ask. “I write blogs and share them on my social media sites, and shoot videos and post them on YouTube”
But do you like them and comment on them?
I see it all the time in groups that I’m in. They spend hours writing blog post(well if they are anything like me) Then they share it in groups and wait or move on to start their next blog. That’s it. That’s all they do. Then they wonder why no one likes, comments or shares their post or videos. Is This YOU?
Well that’s just not going to cut it. You are just not going to get found if that’s all you do.
So why do you blog, shoot videos, post picture and posts on social media?
- Because someone (a mentor or coach) told you that is what you should do to build your business and your following?
- You are passionate about something and love writing about it
- You really want to share information and help others?
Whatever the reason is I bet you want people to read your posts, comment on them and share them with others and build your following
To achieve this you need to follow the golden rule. (Assuming you’re putting out great content)
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. So what does this mean when it comes to blogging and the social media sites?
- If you want people to read that blog you spent hours writing, shooting and uploading videos and picture to. Then read other peoples blogs.
- If you want people to comment on your blog, then when you are reading other peoples blogs leave a comment. But not just “great post”, make sure that it shows that you have actually read the blog (for more about commenting)
- If you want people to like or +1 your posts then like and +1 other peoples posts
- If you want people to share your posts/video etc then you need to share other peoples posts videos etc.
In short to get interaction and engagement on your sites, pages and channels YOU need to interact and engage on other sites, pages and channels.
Here’s the bonus
If you interact and be engaging on other sites, channels, pages and no one returns the favour. It doesn’t matter because when you are interacting and engaging you are being watched and noticed. “Big Brother Is Watching” well not actually big brother but the search engines are. You are creating links and backlinks to you and your site, that is if you have linked your social media pages/channels to your website. I will cover this in another blog.
I can hear you saying “I don’t have the time to do all this.”
Let me tell you something. You do have options
You quit making excuses and you make/find the time because you want to make this happen and you realise that it’s not all about you. You get what you give, and you reap what you sow.
You blog/post less frequently, like every other day instead of everyday. This will then give you time so you can comment, like and share other peoples blogs, posts etc on the day you are not doing your blog. And the fact is it doesn’t matter if you don’t blog/post every day, just as long as you are consistent with it.
Keep doing what most people are doing or should I say not doing. And hope like hell that someone from option 1 or 2 finds your stuff and is kind enough to leave a comment and share your stuff.
Let me know your thoughts about interacting and engagement in the comments below
Share this post so we can educate people on how to be found online
Have an amazing day